Commercial grade DriStud Wall Wrap used in conjunction with DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is a CodeMark certified product system ensuring each product meets NZ Building Code standards.
One of Auckland's largest shopping centres, Sylvia Park, is getting even bigger with its current extension project. DriStud Wall Wrap has been directly fixed to the metal cladding with Cool Window Flashing Tape which was used to join all the laps to provide the greatest level of air and water resistance.
Engineered from resilient polyester non-woven fabric, DriStud Wall Wrap is a commercial grade building wrap with one of the highest tensile and edge tear strengths on the market. Suitable for both commercial and residential buildings, DriStud Wall Wrap's high resistance to moisture makes it perfectly suited to the New Zealand climate. For projects that require high vapour permeability, an air barrier allows for high moisture vapour transfer; creating healthier and more energy-efficient structures.
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape is a window sealing system that can be used for sealing wall penetrations. It provides ultimate protection against water infiltration for windows, doors and thru-wall entry points. The non-asphalt adhesive ensures maximum adhesion to DriStud Wall Wrap across a wide range of temperatures, guaranteeing reliable performance in all climates.
DriStud Wall Wrap Technical Data
|Water Vapour Resistance
|ASTM E96 Procedure B
|≤ 7 MN s/g
|0.33 MN s/g
|AS/NZS 4201: Part 6
|≥ 100 g/ m2
|BS ISO 5636-5:2003
|≥ 0.1 MN s/m3
|0.426 MN s/m3
|≥ 20mm water head
|≤ Index 5
|MD: 4.90 KN/m
CD: 2.40 KN/m
|Edge Tear Resistance
|MD: 241 N
CD: 120 N
DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape Key Features:
- Service temperature range -25°C to 80°C.
- Quick and easy to install: single layer installation on the sill. No corner mould required.
- With rubberised polypropylene film it easily conforms into anomalies in OSB and transitions, eliminating gaps which can assist in undesirable water movement.
- DriStud Cool Window Flashing Tape does not contain asphalt and is able to be applied in temperatures as low as -6°C without the need for primer.
- CodeMark certified.
- Compatible with a wide range of building materials including rigid air barriers.
- Compliant with AAMA 711-13 guidelines for preventing water penetration around fasteners. Passed nail sealability test. Only use one layer for installation.
- Can be exposed to UV and weather for up to 42 days.