Belgotex AcoustaMat is used in high-rise units, multi-storey townhouses and homes as an eco-friendly and cost-effective underlay to timbers, including laminate, parquetry, solid, engineered, ceramic tiles, carpets and carpet tiles, hybrids, rubber to rubber and all floor laminations. It is suitable for new and old buildings requiring high acoustic and vibration dampening performance.
Recycled rubber is an excellent material for noise reduction and vibration control due to its high density, regular consistency and elasticity. These physical characteristics aid in reducing impact sound transfer by evenly absorbing sound across the material.
Recycling and upcycling play important roles in the construction industry. Reducing waste, re-using old materials and becoming sustainable are ingrained in our culture. The manufacturing plant convert over 7500 tonnes of New Zealand and Australian recycled tyre rubber into various innovative flooring products per annum.
Application test results, conducted on 150mm concrete slab with AcoustaMat 850 3mm:
- Engineered Floating Timber Floor — reduction ∆Lw = 18db
- Laminated Floating Flooring — reduction ∆Lw = 18db
- 5mm Vinyl Plank Floating Flooring — reduction ∆Lw = 20db
- Carpet Tiles Direct Stick — reduction ∆Lw = 30db
- Carpet Over Carpet Underlay — reduction ∆Lw = 43db