Fenix NTM – Nano-Tech Matt material for interior design applications, has been manufactured in Italy by Arpa Industriale since 2013. The external surface of Fenix involves the use of multi-layer coating with nanotechnology and is characterised by next-generation acrylic resins that have undergone an electron beam curing process to be hardened and fixed.
The characteristics of Fenix include being extremely matt, soft to touch, anti-fingerprint, and resistant to superficial micro-scratches, however, if superficial micro-scratches should occur, they can generally be thermally healed.
These panels are perfect for horizontal and vertical interior design applications such as benchtops, tables and cabinetry to name a few.
Fenix pressed panels are available in a 3.050 x 1.220mm size sheet and are pressed onto high moisture resistant 18mm MDF — resulting in an almost 20mm finished panel thickness.
These are available in two options:
- Double-sided panel with Fenix NTM or NTA pressed on both sides of the panel
- Single-sided panel with Fenix NTM or NTA on the good face with a matching* Arpa HPL backer on the back face
*Note – the Arpa HPL backer is a similar colour but a different finish to Fenix.
Panel edging options:
- Laser ABS edging is available in colour-matched 23mm and 43mm widths x 1mm thick
- Standard ABS PU edging unglued is available in colour-matched 23mm and 43mm widths x 1mm thick
- Fenix Colour Core edging in 1.2mm thick (available in strips of 4.2m x 200mm)
Fenix pressed panels are available in 12 colours of Fenix NTM (Nano-Tech Matt) and 3 colours of Fenix NTA (Nano-Tech Alloy)*
*Note that the colour matched ABS edging is not currently available for the Fenix NTA colours, 1.2mm Colour core edging could be used, which will give a grey-edged detail or the standard 0.7mm NTA could be used which will give a black-line similar to a standard HPL clashing line.
For more information about Fenix pressed panels please contact APT, the New Zealand Distributor of Fenix NTM and Fenix NTA.