You are using an outdated browser version not supported by this website.
Click here to upgrade your browser
MILANO is a frameless full height post system where the top and bottom edges of the glass are exposed.
MILANO can be used as a pool fence or as a wind break.
Unlike other systems our MILANO posts can be fixed up to 2350mm apart which reduces the amount posts required across the deck (MILANO post locations are based on the wind zone).
- MILANO posts can be face or floor mounted (most pool fences are floor mounted).
- Large post fixing spans – please refer to our technical data sheets.
- No need for corner posts, the glass can span horizontally through the end post. The maximum overhang of glass is 500mm.
- No holes or notches are required. The glass is clamped to the post.
MILANO is designed to be used as;
- Internal and External Pool Fences
- Wind Breaks
Milano can be attached to the following substrates;
MILANO complies with the New Zealand building code and glazing standards used in conjunction with the following Viridian Glass types and Euroglass systems;
- Viridian's toughened safety glass
- Viridians toughened laminated safety glass
- SENTRYGLAS® incorporated with a Euroglass System offers a pure clean and clear traditional frameless barrier
MILANO is Anotec powder coated with a 10 year warranty. There are many powder coat colours to choice from to match your colour scheme.
Rated to be used up to an extra high wind zone (2.13Kpa or less)
The minimum height for a fence to prevent access into a pool area is 1.2m from the finished floor level. Please refer to NZS8500:2006 for design and safety requirements to meet the building code.
This proprietary pool fence system complies with New Zealand Building Code Clauses;
B1 - Structure and B1/VM1
B2 - Durability
F2 - Hazardous Building Materials
Based on 330N point load from NZS8500:2006, maximum heights for the glass and MILANO spacing’s are provided within our Technical Data Sheets.
Viridian safety glass options are;
- 10mm toughened safety glass.
- 11.52mm toughened laminated safety glass with Euroglass gap clamps.
- 11.52mm toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass (SENTRYGLAS® is a stiff interlayer that complies with 22.4.3 (c) of NZS4223.3:2016).
In the unlikely event of glass failure or to make allowance for the consequence of failure required by clause B1.3.4 of the Building Code B1, Viridian’s toughened SENTRYGLAS® laminated safety glass is recommended to be used.
2016 version 3
Viridian Glass is a provider of residential and commercial glazing solutions and balustrades in New Zealand.Product Enquiries
New and updated architectural products, design solutions, inspiration, technical advice and more when you sign up for EBOSS.