Flat Countersunk Head Screws
Ideal for use on timber structures where a flat countersunk finish is required, the SPAX countersunk head screw is a modern, innovative screw for timber connections.
It is a partial thread screw for clamping timber components together, achieving better performance than traditional batten screws.
- Quick and easy installation compared with traditional wood screws, saving time and money
- Higher load capacities due to coarse thread design and high strength steel
- Four-cut point and serrated thread for reduced chance of splitting the timber and reduced screwing-in torque
- Unique T-STAR plus recess for better torque transfer and reduced chance of stripping the head
- Multi-head will self-countersink in timber or act as a brake in metal brackets
- 8, 10 and 12mm diameters available in DELTA-SEAL coating for superior corrosion protection and resistance to timber treatments
- 6 and 8mm diameters available in stainless steel
Scope of Use
- CLT connections such as half-lap joints, floor to wall connections etc.
- LVL connections
- Replacing failed batten screws in decks and boardwalks
- Any connection requiring a flush, countersink finish
Limitations on Use
- DELTA-SEAL suitable for outdoor use with direct exposure to weather
- Stainless steel A2 suitable for coastal areas
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- SPAX products are manufactured in Germany and comply with the latest European requirements but have also been tested in local New Zealand timbers
- Timber connection design can be performed according to either European Technical Assessments or to NZS 3603
Other Performance Attributes
- Testing conducted on local timbers for timber connection design according to NZS 3603
SPAX is a German manufacturer of quality, innovative screws for timber connections such as framing, timber construction, decking, flooring, and cladding.
News from SPAX