Millies Café in Silverdale was looking to upgrade their flooring. They needed an affordable and attractive flooring product that would meet a range of requirements including:
- Commercially rated
- Waterproof (not just resistant)
- Comfortable underfoot
- Absorbed the clatter of lots of busy staff and customers’ shoes
- Fast to install, enabling a tight timeline
Woodland Flooring considered multiple laminate ranges for the café. One option was the Grande range which ticks all the boxes above, however, a more dynamic look was preferred. Woodland suggested their Multilayer Herringbone Flooring — an attractive and hardwearing option. While there are now laminates available with a Herringbone print, these often have a square join, conflicting with the Herringbone pattern. As a plank system with drop-lock installation, Woodland Herringbone provides the traditional look of timber and tile Herringbone options.
Some of the benefits of Woodland Herringbone Flooring product include:
- Impervious to moisture: made of a non-absorbent material, with a jointing system that completely stops any moisture ingress
- 19dB acoustic rating: The flooring is a WPC (Wood Plastic Composite), which means it has an open cell structure which is significantly softer and quieter underfoot than other comparable products.
- Simple drop-lock 400 installation system: meaning in the case of Millie's Café, the Woodland Flooring team were able to install 95m² in a total of 24 man-hours (1.5 days with a team of two people)
- Consistent Pattern: The Isocore structure of the flooring facilitates some very tight machining tolerance and enables the products to keep its continuous pattern over large areas.
- 7-year commercial rating
Due to the advantages of using Woodland Herringbone flooring, the client decided to trust the experts at Woodland Lifestyle and proceeded with a Multilayer Herringbone design. The end result was a happy client, happy designer, happy staff and most importantly very happy café visitors.