Hydro is a self-adhesive flashing tape, suitable for timber and steel framed buildings. The tape is used to seal around windows, doors and other joinery openings as a secondary defence against water penetration.
"Even with the cold temperatures we have had no complaints about the lack of stickiness, in fact we've had nothing but raving clients and reorders from the stores," says Trent Mason, Managing Director of Masons.
"When we developed this product we refused to put anything on the market that is less than the best. With this tape, our goal was to supply our clients with the 'stickiest tape out there," adds Trent. "The tape has proven its worth and does what it does best. It's one of the stickiest on the market."
Hydro Flashing Tape has exceeded tests:
- Hydro Window Tape has been tested and passed by CodeMark
- For a risk score between 0-20 in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1
- Passed NZS3604 Building Wind Zones up to and including 'Very High'
- Low temperature adhesion, can be applied as low as 5°C
- Also available is the Hydro Corner Guard, which is easy to install and increases protection to framing (the use of the Corner Guard is optional)
Hydro Flashing Tape is available through all the main merchants in the following widths: 75, 100, 150 and 200mm.
By consistently using Masons products to keep building frame's dry from the inside out, users will be assured by a complete warranty package. Masons DPC, Building Wrap, Wrap-strap, Window Tape and one of the nine substrate and plaster systems, offer users the full one-stop supplier package that can't be matched by any other supplier in New Zealand.