Display Advertising HTML5 Guidelines
EBOSS can host advertising created in different formats, including HTML5.
When building your HTML5 zip bundle, please check your creative meets the following requirements:
- Keep the overall file size under 150kb
- Confirm your bundle is SSL compatible
- If using Google Web Designer, choose "DoubleClick" as the environment
Size meta tags
- Set creative dimensions in your HTML file with the size meta tag:
<meta name="ad.size" content="width=270, height=225">
- HTML5 creatives can only have fixed dimensions.
For EBOSS advertising, our display advertising sizes are:
|Lead Banner Website||728px||90px|
- Set click tags for each exit on your HTML5 creative
- Make sure your creative uses the click tag variable as the click destination
- The click tag should be easy for the ad server to read
- We do not recommend hard-coded click-through URLs in the asset.
Sample Click Tag insertion
<meta name="ad.size" content="width=270,height=225">
var clickTag = "http://www.google.com";
Your creative must use the click tag variable as the click-through URL:
Your HTML5 creative can be uploaded using the Creative Submission form, or by uploading it to your Dropbox account and sending us the link.