Vantage Residential Glass Blocks
A window frame for 80mm thick glass blocks is offered. This can be fixed directly into a wall or can be coupled with adjoining window and door frames.
A range of glass block patterns is available. The system has 90° and 135° corner posts to enable the construction of box and bay windows.
Scope of Use
- Suitable for residential applications in a wide range of environments
- Compatible with adjoining residential windows and doors through the use of a coupling bar
- Corner posts are available (90° and 135°) for box and bay windows
Limitations on Use
- Able to resist an ultimate wind pressure of 4kPa for reinforced spans up to 2.86m in length, and 2kPa for spans between 2.86m and 3.5m
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Tested to the German DIN Standards for static load, pendulum impact and wind face loads
- Tested by BRANZ for seismic racking, pendulum impact and wind face loads (BRANZ Appraisal certificate 192 (1990)
- Extensively used in residential projects throughout New Zealand for more than 30 years
- Used by homeowners, builders, Group home companies and specifiers
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
Vantage Windows & Doors supplies modern aluminium profiles as one of the national brands of APL Window Solutions, New Zealand’s largest window systems company.
News from VANTAGE Windows & Doors