Vantage Residential Box & Bay Windows
135° corner detail with opening sash (left)
Opening sash (left) on side of greenhouse or box window
Box windows project from the wall of a house and are generally capped by the eaves. They increase interior light and space and are sometimes used in conjunction with interior window seats.
Bays are a traditional format with both sides projecting at 45° to the wall. Windows can be included within them as awnings, casement or sliders.
Full height bays can include doors, including French doors and sliders.
- For mainstream residential use
- Greenhouse, box and bay windows all project from the wall of a house
- Greenhouse windows normally have a sloped glass top while a box window is capped by the eaves
- All three formats can be ventilated with a choice of awning, casement or sliding windows
- Full height bays can incorporate doors, including French doors and sliders
- Glass block windows are available using an 80mm-thick block
- The glass block system has 90º or 135º corner posts available
Scope of Use
- Greenhouse, box and bay windows are a practical window format in standard residential environments for providing extra space and light
- Box windows can be formed as corner units
- Need to be used in defined maximum sizes according to the wind exposure
Limitations on Use
- Greenhouse windows can admit generous sunlight so customised window shades or blinds may be advisable
- The inclusion of opening sashes is recommended for ventilation
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Extensively used in residential projects throughout New Zealand for more than 40 years with continuous design upgrades
- Widely used by homeowners, builders, Group home builders and specifiers
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
Vantage Windows & Doors supplies modern aluminium profiles as one of the national brands of APL Window Solutions, New Zealand’s largest window systems company.
News from VANTAGE Windows & Doors