Residential Sliding Windows
Double sliders where both panels can move
Sliding Window Sill - Open Position
Slidemaster interlocker stiles are flush in the closed position.
The Slidemaster track has a flush sill (single slider shown)
A high specification horizontal sliding window, the Slidemaster has strong profiles suitable for double glazing and significant spans.
Double sliding panels are possible where the choice of opening format exists. Windows incorporating a timber shutter for privacy and sun screening are also available. Over-lights can be included.
- For mainstream residential use
- Two ranges available — Slimline (single glaze only) and a heavier duty Slidemaster range
- Wide opening is possible in bi-parting or stacking configurations
- Double sliding panels are available where two panels slide past each other
- Overlights are possible
- Corner sliders without a corner post are possible with the Slidemaster range
Scope of Use
- Suitable for most applications where non-projecting windows are desired
- Need to be used in defined maximum sizes according to the wind exposure
- A good option for servery windows
- Work well with insect screens.
Limitations on Use
- Slimline option only available with single glazing
- Consider the ease of reaching to the window catch if the sliding panel is placed beyond a bench
- Some weather protection above e.g. wide eaves recommended to protect open windows.
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Extensively used in residential projects throughout New Zealand for more than 40 years with continuous design upgrades
- Widely used by homeowners, builders, group home builders and specifiers
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
First Windows & Doors have a high-performing range of solutions for all homes and commercial projects, from entrance doors to windows, sliders, bi-folds and thermally efficient options.
News from FIRST Windows & Doors