Duration Shingles feature a nailing line that includes a unique fabric strip. This strip has been added to provide additional strength and reinforcing on the nailing line. This is called SureNail Technology and is built into every Duration shingle with the intention of providing increased durability in high wind zones.
Additionally, the quality of the sealant on the shingle also plays a key role in assisting wind resistance. The American shingle roofing industry has strict performance standards to reach the level of certification required to make these claims. Owens Corning certifies that Duration shingles meet these standards through rigorous independent third party testing.
With many of New Zealand's homes built in high wind zones, it is critical specifiers choose a shingle that can perform. Significant wind can cause lesser shingles to blow off the roof leading to leaks and interior damage.
Key advantages of Duration Shingles:
- Patented SureNail Technology
- Breakthrough design by using a tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip
- Triple Layer Protection occurs when the SureNail fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area
- Outstanding Strength — The SureNail strip enhances the already incredible strength of the proprietary Tru-Bond sealant
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail grip helps deliver 210-KPH wind warranty* performance
- When choosing shingles, the weight per m² has a major impact on their durability. For high wind zones choose a heavier shingle per m² — with Duration Premium with SureNail, specifiers can be assured they've got a shingle built to perform.