Thanks to the exciting innovation in green glueing solutions manufactured by Stora Enso, a leader in renewable solutions, Plytech Green now offers some of Plytech's most trusted products with bio-based lignin replacing traditional fossil-phenol. Lignin is found in the wall cells of dry-land plants and is the substance that gives trees their strong and rigid structure, allowing them to grow upright.
We are all on a journey to create a safer, healthier, and more sustainable lifestyle. Selecting the right products and materials are a part of this journey. Plytech Green products meet these demands without compromising on strength, durability, and consistency.
Main features and benefits:
- Renewable: Replacing fossil phenol with bio-based lignin — reduction of carbon footprint.
- High performance: Superior mechanical properties — elasticity, bonding, bending.
- Consistent quality: Consistent utmost product performance.
- Eco-friendly and safe: High environmental performance both in manufacture and end use.
- Traceability: Sustainably managed raw material resource.
- Bioeconomy: Adding value to forest industry side streams.
- Innovation and development: Building the future towards a new sustainable plywood industry.
- Natural: Use of a wood-based non-toxic raw material.
The Plytech Green range counts towards credits for Green Star Certification (13.2 Engineered Wood Products, 20.2 Timber, and 21 Sustainable Materials) and complies with the Health & Happiness, and Materials petals of The Living Building Challenge.
Plytech Green product range:
- Birch Elite
- Birch Décor Oak
- Birch Décor Walnut
- Polaris HPL – Matt
- Futura HPL – Matt
- Futura HPL