APL Architectural Series Minima Sliding Doors
New APL 2019 Specifier Guide now available
Minima sill frame - double slider
Recessed sill frame sectional view
Recessed jamb frame
Recessed head frame
Minima Sliders are high performance doors with minimal sightlines and flush sills. The frame is recessed into the floor, walls and ceiling, thus requiring careful detailing and product installation.
Can be made to tall heights and widths beyond the normal APL Architectural Series range. A range of stacking slider configurations are possible.
- Recommended maximum 4000mm high doors in Very High wind zones
- Panel widths are only limited by glass availability
- In order to minimise the appearance of aluminium the frame is designed to be recessed into floor, walls and ceiling for clear sightlines
- The track system is completely hidden beneath a threshold that allows for suitable flooring materials to be laid, leaving only an 11mm wide slot
- The bottom rail has a height of only 22mm with glass lines flush with frame at jambs and head
- 90° corner sliding doors available with no corner post (external and internal corners)
- Vertical members between panels are a slender 28mm wide, with deep fins in two sizes to suit the application
Scope of Use
- Suitable for high-end residential and commercial environments in larger sizes
- Suitable for Extra High wind zones and Specific Design applications in nominated sizes
Limitations on Use
- Due to heavy panel weight and the need for perfectly level sills, floor sag cannot be tolerated. Ground level applications are optimum. Geotechnical engineering is important.
- Careful detailing is required to allow for deeply recessed frame at sill, jamb and head
- Installation to be by an approved installer
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Launched in 2019
- Primary initial use in commercial applications
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
Vantage Windows & Doors' locally made joinery is found in more New Zealand homes than any other brand, and Vantage are always refining and innovating solutions to meet changing needs.
News from VANTAGE Windows & Doors