Designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro & Billard Leece Partnership, the new Susan Wakil Health Building brings together multiple health disciplines to work out of the same precinct, built by Laing O'Rourke. The unitised horizontal system uses Frontek's Azabache panels in a stone texture finish reminiscent of natural stone.
The Building Agency's engineers have recently developed new fixing systems that meet the Australian and New Zealand standards. Frontek cladding systems come in black anodised aluminium with stainless steel accessories. Panels can be fixed in horizontal, vertical and even soffit with each fixing system taking advantage of ventilated facades. Frontek offers cladding solutions for brick and concrete walls, stud walls, curtain walls, unitised and modular systems.
Frontek tiles are:
- Extremely hard, with low water absorption
- Colour stable
- Do not require special maintenance
- Have an incredibly long lifespan
- Easy to clean, pollution resistant, and salt water proof
- Frontek panels are also remarkably light (32kg/m²)
- They are available in various sizes, from 300 x 600 to 1000 x 3000mm
- Extruded ceramic panels have been designed for easy installation into mechanical fixing systems
Contact The Building Agency's Design & Engineering Services for a dedicated detailing studio that collaborates with architects and designers from the earliest stages of a Frontek façade project.