Vantage Residential Sliding Windows
New APL 2019 Specifier Guide now available
Sliding Window Corner Detail
Window Sill with Fixed Light & Slider
Slidemaster interlocker stiles are flush in the closed position.
This is a high specification horizontal sliding window with strong profiles suitable for double glazing and significant spans.
Double sliding panels are possible where the choice of opening format exists. Windows incorporating a timber shutter for privacy and sun screening are also available. Overlights can be included.
- For mainstream residential use
- Two ranges available — Slimline (single glaze only) and a heavier duty Slidemaster range
- Wide opening is possible in bi-parting or stacking configurations
- Double sliding panels are available where two panels slide past each other
- Overlights are possible
- Corner sliders without a corner post are possible with the Slidemaster range
Scope of Use
- Suitable for most applications where non-projecting windows are desired
- Need to be used in defined maximum sizes according to the wind exposure
- A good option for servery windows
- Work well with insect screens
Limitations on Use
- Slimline option only available with single glazing
- Consider the ease of reaching to the window catch if the sliding panel is placed beyond a bench
- Some weather protection above e.g. wide eaves recommended to protect open windows
Statement of Building Code Compliance
- Designed, tested and manufactured to meet NZS 4211: Performance of Windows, and NZS 4233: Glazing in Buildings, Parts 1-4
- Designed and tested to conform to NZ Building Code, including Clause E2
- Extensively used in residential projects throughout New Zealand for more than 40 years with continuous design upgrades
- Widely used by homeowners, builders, Group home builders and specifiers
Other Performance Attributes
- Window and door warranty provided under normal conditions of use against failure of materials and workmanship for a period of five years
- Surface finish is covered by a separate performance warranty dependent on the actual finish selected
- A hardware/componentry warranty is offered against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of five years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed
Vantage Windows & Doors supplies modern aluminium profiles as one of the national brands of APL Window Solutions, New Zealand’s largest window systems company.
News from VANTAGE Windows & Doors