Bendywood is a range of solid natural timber that is highly flexible and suitable for a range of uses without the need for templates, steam or lamination.
For example 50mm diameter solid oak Bendywood can be cold curved to form a spiral staircase handrail.
- Oak (European and American)
- Cherry (European and American)
- Walnut (European and American)
- Tropical Wood (on request)
- Natural solid timber
- No chemical treatment
- 100% ecological
- Wood grain follows the curve
- Remains flexible for ever
- Bent on site
Scope of Use
- Bendywood is mainly used in stair construction and in the domain of interior decoration where traditional wood bending or lamination techniques are not possible
- Used in the furniture industry, with new applications being developed in response to architects and designers needs
Limitations on Use
- Suitable for interior use only
- Smales Farm — For the central spiral staircase in the atrium, Woodform supplied and installed a bespoke curved handrail, comprising approximately 120m of Bendywood 48mm diameter curved solid oak
- Bauer Auckland's Shed 12 Development fit out offices — Spiral staircase
- Sheraton Hotel Queen Street — Spiral staircase
Woodform are acknowledged experts in bending and shaping wood, employing traditional craftsmanship and modern technology to turn the unique concepts of designers into reality.
News from Woodform Australasia Limited