DriStud F11 - Fire Retardant Heavy Weight Double Sided Foil
DriStud F11 is a fire retardant, heavy weight double sided reflective foil insulation, designed for use as insulation and condensation control under metal in commercial and industrial buildings.
- High water barrier, medium vapour barrier product, ideal for steel roofs.
- Provides extra R-value from inward and outward facing reflective surfaces when used in conjunction with adjacent air spaces.
Scope of Use
- DriStud F11 is designed for use on a Roof and Roof Sarking in Commercial, Industrial and Farm Buildings in all regions of New Zealand.
- Durability may be affected by environmental factors, including Airborne Pollutants.
- The outer construction envelope of this product should be installed the same day as the metal roof.
- To ensure optimal thermal insulation performance, as well as satisfactory durability, a 25mm air space adjacent to the foil side of the product is recommended.
Limitations on Use
- DriStud F11 is not designed to withstand prolonged direct exposure to the elements.
- The aluminium foil should not come into contact with wet concrete or mortar, as the aluminium is susceptible to alkali corrosion.
Statement of Building Code Compliance
When specified and installed in accordance with the requirements of the Installation Guide, DriStud F11 will comply with the following provisions of the NZ Building Code:
- Clause B1 Structure
- Clause B2 Durability: B2.3.1(b) (15 years)
- Clause E2 External Moisture: E2.3.2
- Clause F2 Hazardous Building Materials: F2.3.1
Other Performance Attributes
- Total Weight: 220 ±5 g/m2
- Flammability Index: AS1530.2-1993 Low
- Duty: AS/NZS 4200.1:1994 Medium
- Reflectivity Side A: 97% Side B: 97%
- Resistance to Water Penetration: AS/NZS 4201.4:1994 High
- Vapour Barrier: ASTM E96 Medium
Hazardous Building Materials
Products include DriStud wall and roof underlays, Window Flashing Tape, Vent NZ passive ventilation system and Proctor construction membranes.
News from DriSpace