Metrotile was thrilled to feature at the Auckland Home Show this year, where they officially launched their brand new innovation, the Shingle Concealed Fastening System.
Metrotile’s new Shingle Concealed Fastening (CF) roofing product is an innovative system that offers genuine roof watertightness. With an interlocking Secure Lock (SL) lap system that can be installed direct-to-deck, the system offers optimum performance.
The CF Shingle uses a genuine concealed fastening method to affix panels to the roof. As the diagram in the image gallery shows, the back-fastening tab of the first panel folds over itself, which provides strength and a secure area to fasten the next panel. The next panel conceals the fasteners to ensure they are not exposed to the weather.
Benefits of the CF Shingle Fastening System:
- Durable and long lasting: Like Metrotile's other roofing solutions, the CF Shingle solution is designed to last and endure even the harshest weather conditions.
- Environmentally friendly: Unlike Asphalt Shingles which are a petroleum based product, CF Shingle panels are 100% recyclable.
- Can be installed even in extreme weather: Because the CF Shingle solution is made of steel, it will not expand, contract, or crack at below freezing temperatures, or during extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Provides sound protection from external noise by allowing for a direct-to-deck installation
- Class A fire rating: Constructed from 100% New Zealand sourced steel and natural stone granules, the CF Shingle product offers superior protection against potential penetration and spread in case of fire.
- Hurricane force resistance: Engineered and manufactured to meet the most stringent wind resistance tests in the industry, the CF Shingle solution is able to withstand hurricane-force winds of up to 190kph.
Metrotile's CF solution is available in three stylish profiles — CF Shake, CF Shingle, CF Slate, and is available in a range of colours. Images above show new colours such as Barkwood, Estate Grey, and Ironstone.
Metrotile’s highly innovative CF Shingle system is a world first that resembles the look of traditional Asphalt Shingles, while keeping out the harsh wind and rain. Where other systems leave gaps and screws exposed, the unique CF Shingle protects all fastening elements, making roofs more reliable, watertight and durable.
Key features of Metrotile's CF Shingle System:
- True concealed fastening
- Innovative interlocking
- Minimum roof pitch to 9.5 degrees
- International test reports
- New Zealand Steel
- One of the fastest and easiest stone-coated steel panel systems to install on the market
Want to find out more about Metrotile's innovative Shingle Concealed Fastening Roofing Solution? Read more on the Metrotile website.