Sheppard & Rout Architects investigated cladding options to refurbish the existing Addington Racecourse Metropolitan Stand. After many years of service, the fascia was deteriorating and needed a spruce up. They contacted Kaneba to present them with visually appealing and cost-effective options.
With a telephone discussion, Kaneba were able to establish the designers' needs and recommended Cassette Cladding as the best solution. The reasons for this were:
- The simplicity of the system allowed quick documentation of the system into the architectural design.
- No specialist installer was needed to execute the work — it was simple enough for a general builder to install.
- Quick installation on-site would be achievable for the compressed works program.
- It had to be a “fire-safe solution.”
As a matter of prudence, alternative “competitive” designs were considered during bidding; however, as expected the Cassette Cladding option was kept. Not only was it the most cost-effective, but it also provided valuable benefits like:
- Off-site prefabrication which supported the quick installation philosophy and;
- Low ongoing maintenance for the client because the system doesn’t require joint sealants.
The installer found the system to be simple and quick to install even though it was their first Cassette Cladding installation.
The contractor, HRS Construction, was very pleased with the effortless and on-time completion of their works for the 2019 Cup Day. They remarked how this construction site was bucking the trend of time overruns on other projects.
The timely completion was achievable because of specific features of Cassette Cladding including:
- Off-site fabrication of panels.
- The installation sequence of panels could be changed at short notice. This came in handy to focus work on areas where early scaffolding removal was required.
- Joint sealant was not required. This weather-dependent work would have slowed down completion.
Cassette Cladding is available in an extensive range of colours (including powder coated and pre-finished) on surfaces like solid aluminium or ACM. Any powder coating colours can be supplied in small quantities.