Dulux Protective Coatings has partnered with Fireshield Coatings to supply intumescent systems into New Zealand for both structural steel and internal timber surfaces. The Fireshield intumescent technology has a 30-year history of providing passive fire protection and is now supplied via Dulux nationwide who are also offering specification and technical support.
The Fireshield Coatings range can be used to achieve a Group 1-S surface rating for timber-based substrates in a clear, white wash or opaque white finish. The range also consists of two coating systems that can achieve a fire-resistance (FRR) rating of up to 90 minutes for interior structural steel. When exposed to high temperatures caused by fire, the Fireshield coatings intumesce to create a protective thermal barrier which insulates and slows the temperature increase in the underlying substrate, allowing more time for occupants to escape and firefighting to occur.
Fireshield products available to provide passive fire protection for architectural projects:
- Fireshield TimberClear 1FR is a water and solvent based clear intumescent coating system designed for use on interior timber wall and ceiling surfaces and is available in a matt or semi-gloss finish.
- Fireshield TimberWhite 2FR is a waterborne intumescent coating with a matt white finish for use on interior timber wall and ceiling surfaces. This product can be top coated with Dulux Wash & Wear for a more durable finish in a large range of colours.
- Fireshield Timber Whitewash is a waterborne intumescent coating with a whitewash finish for use on interior timber wall and ceiling surfaces. This product can be sealed with an approved Dulux clear top coat for a more durable surface.
- Fireshield Architectural White 4FR is a waterborne intumescent coating with a white finish for use on interior structural steel, with a fire-resistance rating of up to 90 minutes. This product provides a smooth white architectural finish. For use with approved specified Dulux Protective Coatings products.
- Fireshield SQ476 is a solvent based intumescent coating with a white finish for use on interior structural steel, with fire-resistance rating of up to 60 minutes. For use with approved specified Dulux Protective Coatings products.
As an exclusive partner of Dulux nationwide, the Fireshield products can be paired with approved Dulux primers and topcoats to deliver the Dulux World of Colour range and the Colours of New Zealand range.