PrefabNZ’s CoLab is about increasing construction productivity through innovative construction, especially prefab and offsite manufacture.
Together we can advance prefabrication use to meet current housing policy and private building demand. Our PrefabNZ CoLab comes at a pivotal time, providing the opportunity to upskill and meet all the right people in a fun, heartfelt environment.
The PrefabNZ CoLab 2018 will be in and around Auckland, on 7 – 9 March 2018
- Wednesday 7: Full of varied prefab site visits (NOW FULL)
- Thursday 8: A phenomenal conference day with evening soiree at the AUT City Campus
- Friday 9: Member half-day event (new members welcome — join now)
CoLab is NZ's exemplary three-day offsite event. It's fun, interactive and thought-provoking, placing you at the heart of innovative construction. Join specifiers, manufacturers, builders and other construction professionals for site visits, hands-on activities, engaging sessions and provocative conversations.
- Exposure to international offsite policy and relevant industry response
- Information on advanced prefabrication technology, systems and uptake
- Sharing issues, challenges and lessons learnt for the sector
- Connecting to people in the know and creating collaboration opportunities
- Being at the forefront of modern methods of productivity and sustainability
PrefabNZ has arranged an impressive team of session leaders, who will open their hearts to share their expertise, giving participants valuable information and tools to change construction in NZ.
- Mark Farmer, CEO of Cast Consulting, UK: Modernise or Die – lessons from UK Govt offsite policy and industry response.
- Rosie Toogood, CE of Legal & General Modular Homes, UK: UK offsite manufacture at scale
- Prof. James Murray-Parkes, Science & Engineering Director, Scientific Solutions Group, Australia: Engineering and Modular Design Handbook
- Daryl Patterson, Lendlease, Australia: Working at scale – CLT in Australia
- Su-Ming Leong-Kok, Deputy Group Director Construction Productivity & Quality Group, Building and Construction Authority, Singapore: Singapore’s initiatives in construction productivity – learning from a nation moving ahead with offsite
Plus, local legends:
- Leonie Freeman, Our Housing Context – a focus on answers for Auckland
- Chelydra Percy, Chief Executive, BRANZ: Industry Transformation Agenda (ITA)
- Shamubeel Equab: Our Economic Context – a focus on answers for New Zealand
- Andrew Booker, Housing NZ: Housing NZ’s Offsite Panel
- Sam Cadden, Director, Logic Group: Building as Scale
- Susan Freeman-Greene, Chief Executive, Engineering NZ: Diversity A[Gender] – leading the movement for change
- Ben Rickard, Director, Builtin on a new mechanism for financing complete buildings and prefabricated builds
- Sam Archer, NZGBC: Homestar V4, achieving healthy green building
- Chris Moller, CMA+U: Where to now for NZ?
For more information on presenters, site visits, CPD points, and registration, please visit the CoLab 2018 website.